There are several types of cardio training, so that everyone can choose for themselves the optimal physical activity. Most workouts can be conducted outdoors and at home without the use of special tools.
Types of cardio training
- Run.This is the most famous, simple and affordable form of cardio. Such loads train the heart, lungs and promote weight loss. Running in the morning activates the process of fat burning, gives a charge of vivacity and energy for the whole day, and also gives self-confidence. Evening jogging will help to remove the burden of a hard working day and provide a healthy full-fledged sleep, which is important for complete physical and psychological recovery.
A similar action is provided by fast or Scandinavian walking, as well as swimming.
- Bicycle riding. This kind of load is suitable for countryside, far from the gas pollution of megacities. To increase the load and intensify the burning of calories on a bicycle, it is worth traveling in a hilly terrain.
- Step aerobics. This is the optimal kind of load for women. Such cardio helps to lose weight and keep the body in tone. The advantages of such trainings are: high efficiency, a variety of programs and psychological relaxation.
- Tai-bo. This type of cardio work combines aerobic loads with elements of martial arts. A unique complex accelerates the process of fat burning and allows the formation of an ideal tightened body.
- Boxing. This is an aerobic exercise aimed at improving coordination of movements and training of the cardiovascular system.
- Rowing. This kind of load will suit men. In addition to training the heart, rowing helps to form high-quality musculature of the upper body.
- Skipping rope exercises – read the article by the link.
You can do cardio at home or in the gym using special simulators. They allow you to adjust the speed and intensity of the load, as well as monitor the amount of calories spent. The advantage of cardiovascular equipment is that they can be used at any convenient time, regardless of the weather.
- Treadmills. Classes on such simulators are similar to simple running. They speed up the consumption of calories, promote fat burning, strengthen the body and maintain good health. Such exercises train the muscles of the legs, back and chest belt.
- Elliptical trainers (orbitrek). It is a combination of a stepper, an exercise bike and a treadmill that combines the benefits of these devices. Training on such simulators are very effective, train different muscle groups and activate metabolic processes.
- Exercise bikes are an alternative to riding a bicycle. Classes on such a simulator allow you to keep the body in tone, reduce the amount of subcutaneous fat and train muscles, in particular, legs and buttocks. In addition, they improve the performance of the respiratory system.
- Stepper. This is a simple simulator, which serves as an alternative to climbing the stairs.
- Rowing simulator (alternative rowing). Classes develop strength and endurance, train the heart muscle and help to build quality muscle.
Types of cardio by intensity
Cardio-training is divided into ordinary, intensive and interval.
- Ordinary cardio. This is a workout with sufficient duration and low intensity. The choice of the degree of exercise depends on the level of physical fitness. So, beginners or people with excess weight should start with simple training – walking, slow running or swimming As training can increase the intensity of training. During training, a small amount of calories is consumed, and the body takes energy from the fat deposits, which allows you to quickly get rid of them.
- High-intensity cardio. With such loads, most of the workout takes place with a high intensity. The duration of such training is 30-40 minutes. During high-intensity training, a large number of calories are consumed, the reserves of ATP and glycogen are depleted.
- Interval training includes alternating high-intensity exercises with a rest period. The length of the stages depends on the level of physical fitness. Such training activates the metabolism and maintains it at the maximum level within 24 hours.
There are many types of cardio workouts that can be done at home, in the gym or outdoors. Each athlete is free to choose the method of training at his own discretion, given the level of physical fitness and pursued goals.