To date, the fitness industry is experiencing a peak in its development, now it has become fashionable to go to the gym, but very many people do not even think about safety in it, thereby exposing their health to dangers, and the elementary ridicule of an athlete with “experience”.
Surely you saw in YouTube, funny videos dedicated to fitness rooms, where a certain athlete gets up with something incredible with a barbell, dumbbells or simulators, or maybe you did not even understand this, because you yourself do not know how to behave properly in the gym what is allowed and what not to do, how to exploit a particular trainer, what clothes should be on you when engaging with the weights.
But most importantly, this is your health, which no one except yourself will take care of, therefore, to observe safety techniques, first of all, is necessary in order not to harm your body, joints, ligaments, tendons, and not to injure others.
Safety in the gym
And now we will pass to the general moments of safety at finding in an exercise room:
- You should not smell badly, take a deodorant, shampoo, towel, slippers for a shower.
- A person consists of 70% water, so it’s extremely important to have a bottle of clean water(0.5-1.5 liters), otherwise dehydration will begin, the blood will thicken, the heart will beat more often, the water-salt balance will also be violated, due to this breaks the neuromuscular connection, because of what, you simply will not have the strength to continue to engage in further.
- Clothes should be clean, not torn, and comfortable, during exercise, there should be no discomfort, clothes should not restrain movement, do not wear synthetic clothing, the skin should breathe. For classes, it’s best to use shorts that are tight or loose, someone prefers, top up a shirt or t-shirt, but not a warm jacket. Girls, we recommend, specially designed for training in the gym clothes: for the bottom – leggings, breeches, trousers, shorts, for the top – a shirt, T-shirt, sconces, you can buy in any sports shop, for example, in a sportsmaster.
- Use, sneakers, sneakers in the gym, but not slippers (slates). Already many athletes have suffered from slippers, they are slippery, the ankle does not fix, as a result, the joint walks, all this leads inevitably to injury. Shoes, as well as clothes, it is better to buy in a sports store, and not in the market, where it is worse in quality.
- Do not cling thoughtlessly in the gym for anything, find a fitness instructor, ask him to draw up a training plan, ask him to show the technique of performing the exercises you are interested in.
- Do not forget to disassemble the bar correctly, you should not take more than 1-2 pancakes from one side of the neck, otherwise there will be a preponderance, and you or others are injured.
- Do not disturb others in the gym, first of all, this is: when a person does the exercise, do not approach and do not ask “how much you still”, as soon as the occupant has finished the approach, ask, in addition, do not “hover” before your eyes, and in the background, while the athletes are approaching, this is very distracting, does not allow you to fully concentrate on doing the exercise.
- Before training, always perform a warm-up, if necessary, use warming ointments. Cold muscles and ligaments, very easily injured when loaded. The warm-up in the gym should not only be before the beginnings of all exercises, but also before the beginning of the basic (working) approach in the exercise, that is, if you perform bench press lying on a horizontal bench, 4 sets of 8 times with a weight of 80 kg, then the warm-up will look like this: 1х15 – empty neck, 1х12 – 40 kg, 1х10 – 50 kg, 1х8 – 60 kg, 1х6 – 70 kg, working approaches 4х8 – 80 kg.
Read also: How to choose a gym?
Do not forget about the hitch, the stretching of the muscles after training helps to restore them as soon as possible, also increases the muscle strength and growth potential (the more the muscle stretches, the more it contracts, which means that the greater the training effect will be from the exercise).
We draw your attention to the warm-up, the hitching, this is what so many, and beginners and even experienced athletes neglect in the gym, thereby subjecting their musculoskeletal system, muscles to various injuries, ranging from stretching the muscle fibers, ending with a complete detachment of the tendon.
Rules of training in the gym
- According to the old good tradition, in the gym, one should not step over the barbell, such a lunge can be perceived as “rolling”, as a gesture of disrespect.
- The gym is a public place, respect yourself and others, behave with dignity, do not make noise, do not talk too loudly
- Having started independent studies on the simulator, pay attention to the correctness of the technique of execution, you can learn it from the coach, or from a more experienced athlete, and also in our section of the exercise. Otherwise, the likelihood of injury is great, despite the fact that modern fitness equipment of the halls, compared to the “rusty iron” rockers of the 90s is quite safe.
- After completing the exercise, you should disassemble the projectile (remove the pancakes hung on the simulator / bar if they were used, put dumbbells / weights in place).
- When you visit the gym, you may encounter one quite popular problem for all the people of trainers and free weights can not miss, so you need to ask, busy or not busy or that the simulator, especially racks over the bar. Otherwise, if you wander randomly, without asking permission, to take / disassemble fitness equipment, there will be complete confusion and conflicts.
How to start a newbie in the gym?
Strength training of beginners in the gym, full of mistakes and troubles, which can entail injury and zero result. Therefore, you need to properly approach your training process.
Below are some guidelines that will help you understand how to start building your workouts in the gym:
- Find yourself a training program with a detailed description, which will clearly describe the recommendations for the choice of working weight on the bar, relaxation between the approaches and the duration of the training, of course, based on its purpose (mass gain, muscle drying, increased strength endurance, strength increase, weight loss, increase in aerobic endurance)
- Learn the technique of performing exercises that occur in the chosen training program
- Adjust your meal plan, in favor of increasing / decreasing caloric content, and in choosing the right, healthy foods that form the basis of a healthy diet
- Purchase a sports bag with which you will go to the gym, it must be clean water, change clothes and shoes, optional soap supplies / sports nutrition / bandages / warming-up ointment.
- Any training should start with a warm-up (performing an exercise with a very light weight for you, jogging, mahi and slopes), in order to avoid injury during training.
On this list of basic safety requirements and rules of staying in the gym ends.