Plank is an effective static exercise aimed at strengthening many muscle groups, in particular, the abdomen, thighs and buttocks. Get the result will help only compliance with the rules of performance and regularity of training. Plank helps to strengthen the muscular corset, improve the tone of the body, as well as increase stamina. However, such exercises are not suitable for inflating muscles and creating relief.
Use of the Plank exercise
Strengthening of the body and development of the muscular corset. First of all, the muscles of the abdomen and back are involved. Correct execution causes the neck muscles to work, which makes it possible to improve and strengthen the posture. Planck uses shoulder muscles, biceps, calves and buttocks.
Increase in concentration. Regular strength exercises for women improve concentration. Planck allows you to concentrate as much as possible on your feelings, which improves its effectiveness. In addition to physical endurance, this kind of exercise trains character and gives self-confidence, because not everyone can do it.
Reducing the abdomen and improving the waist. Plank is the most effective way to remove a sagging belly and wrinkles at the waist. To get the maximum result, you should additionally use cardio workouts, power loads and observe proper nutrition.
Such an exercise is indispensable for people who have problems with back, arterial pressure or contraindications to classical exercises on the press (twisting). Despite the relative safety, you should consult your doctor before performing the strap.
Advantages of the Plank exercise:
- Regular execution of the rack will bring an excellent result after a few weeks. The body will become more fit, and the muscles are stronger and more enduring.
- Planck employs almost all the muscles of the arms, legs, back, abdomen and neck.
- To perform, no special sports equipment or clothing is required.
- You can make a stand at home.
- The exercise will take 3-5 minutes a day.
Disadvantages of the bar: beginners are able to stand no more than 15-30 seconds, after which there is a shiver in the whole body, indicating a muscle overload.
From the side the execution of the bar looks very simple. However, keeping the weight of the body on the hands and toes is difficult enough, especially if everything is done correctly. For the first time doing the exercise should be under the control of the trainer or in front of the mirror. This will allow you to monitor the correctness of the exercises.
The order of the bar:
- Perform an easy warm-up, which will warm up the muscles and prepare the joints for exercise.
- Take the emphasis lying down.
- Raise the body, placing emphasis on the hands or elbows and toes. It must be parallel to the floor.
- During the exercise, you should keep your back straight, the whole body should be stretched in a straight line. It is important to maximally strain the muscles of the abdomen and buttocks – this will improve their elaboration. It is necessary to avoid sagging the pelvis or lifting it upwards – this significantly reduces the effectiveness of the exercise. The head should be kept evenly, gazing at the floor in front of you.
- In the course of the bar, the legs should be kept together. However, if there is no physical preparation – you can put a little foot, which will facilitate the exercise.
- Keep this position until the trembling in the body, until enough strength.
This is a classic kind of bar that is suitable for beginners. However, there are many varieties of this exercise that will improve the efficiency of muscle training.
Kinds of Plank exercise
Stand on the elbows. The performance is very similar to the classic bar, but the emphasis is on the elbows. It is important to sustain as much time as possible.
Lateral stand. The exercise is performed on the side. The body is held on one elbow and the side of the foot. It is important to keep a straight line, avoiding bulging or sagging. Repeat the exercise on the other side.
Stand on one leg. The starting position is a classic bar, but one leg is raised. Repeat the exercise on different legs.
Plank with an outstretched arm. Take an emphasis lying, the body is raised on the toes and hands. One hand goes up. It is important to ensure that it is flat and parallel to the floor. To sustain in such position a maximum of time, and then to replace a hand.
Plank with the transition. The starting position is the standard bar. Then, you move to the side rack on one side and on the other. In each position, stand for 10 seconds.
Plank with a turn. Position – the standard bar, with the emphasis on the right hand, and the left rises with the simultaneous turn of the body. The hand must be kept exactly perpendicular to the floor. Repeat the exercise on the other side.
Optimal rack length
It is difficult to indicate the optimal time of the rack. It depends on the physical strength, endurance and preparedness of a person. It starts with a small – 15-30 seconds, each time extending the duration of the exercise for 5-10 seconds.
Plank is an effective exercise that involves many muscles. It helps to strengthen the muscular corset, develop strength and endurance. Such an exercise will suit both professional athletes and beginners in sports.